Curriculum Vitae | Peter Vince
Mobile: 07968 820894
Mail: 42 Mawson Road, Cambridge, CB1 2EA
Management consultant specialising in change management,
organisation design, people development and performance and reward management.
Also experienced in programme and project manager, client relationship
manager and line manager roles.
Designing, planning and leading major business change
programmes; developing alignment and capability in sponsors and agents
of change; using appropriate communication and involvement approaches
and success measures. For example:
- Change management consultant for complete redesign
of manufacturing and new product introduction activities in an electronic
- Carried out audit and repositioning of manufacturing
change programme for a major Indian vehicle manufacturer
- In project manager role, resolved long-standing priority
conflict in outsourced IS group
Benefits achieved include the completion of major change
programmes to specification and with full support from affected employees.
Designing and implementing new organisation structures,
roles, and communication approaches. For example:
- Organisation design consultant for the design and
implementation of new organisation structures, roles, working patterns
etc. in electronic components manufacturer
- Lead consultant in a redesign of process, organisation,
roles and responsibilities in the retail deposit division of a major
- Organisation design consultant for a complete redesign
of product development activities in a major auto and aero systems manufacturer
Benefits achieved include establishing multidisciplinary
teamworking in previously traditional functional organisations and improving
productivity through improved structures and roles.
Identifying development needs in individuals and organisations,
designing and implementing appropriate development approaches. For example:
- As Professional Development
Manager, responsible for identifying and addressing capability development
needs in a consulting division of 1000
- Responsible for developing change management and
organisation design capabilities in approx. 100 aspiring practitioners
- Led the rollouts of a leadership skills development
programme and a proprietary change management approach in a consulting
division of 1000
Benefits achieved include more effective use of scarce
capability development capacity, and more effective identification and
dissemination of best practice.
Performance and Reward Systems Design
- Instructor and subject matter expert for the implementation
of a new performance management system across a consulting division
of 1000 staff
- Lead consultant for the review of an existing reward
system as part of a wider change programme in an electronic components
- As Line Manager, responsible for performance management
for a group of business and management consultants
Benefits achieved include the successful transplant
of a complex performance management system from the US to the UK and measurable
improvements in morale and motivation.
Assessing organisational culture and climate, identifying
key culture drivers, designing and implementing approaches to establish
new leadership styles and organisational cultures.
- Co-ordination of the development, distribution and
analysis of a perception survey across 5,000 employees in an outsourcing
and systems integration firm
- Assessment of culture in a major Indian motor manufacturer
as part of a long term change programme
- Lead consultant and resident culture expert on change
programmes where changing organisation culture was a key objective
Benefits achieved include identification and measurement
of key cultural drivers, often not recognised, and the modification of
change activities to support culture shift objectives.
Education and Employment
- Hewitt Associates - October 1999 to July 2000
- Managing Consultant (client manager) in a global people development
and HR outsourcing consultancy.
- CSC Computer Sciences Ltd - July 1995 to October
1999 - organisational change specialist, professional development manager,
programme manager, client manager and line manager in a global business
development and IT outsourcing consultancy.
- Lucas Engineering and Systems - October 1990
to July 1995 - Consultant working with client teams engaged in the redesign
of business systems and processes, working for the consulting division
of an international automotive and aerospace systems manufacturer.
- Lucas / Cambridge University - January 1986
to June 1990 - Sponsored student, working as business consultant for
the consulting division of an international auto and aero systems manufacturer.
Graduated BA Hons in Engineering in 1989, and MEng in Manufacturing
Engineering in 1990.
I was born in Scotland in 1966, and brought up
in the country south of Glasgow. I live in a converted Victorian terrace
house in central Cambridge with my partner and two young sons. I enjoy
the usual mix of travel, food and fine wine, but also have an environmental
streak and a pair of well-worn walking boots. I am pretty good with languages
and can get by in French, Spanish, German and even English.